Simpson’s Hospital is a registered charity founded in 1779 under the terms of Mr George Simpson’s will. Mr Simpson was a Dublin merchant who left bequests to many charities including funds to establish Simpson’s Hospital.
Originally located in the Dublin’s city centre the charity moved to our present location in Dundrum in 1925. We are situated in our own private grounds on the Ballinteer Road in Dundrum and we are just a short stroll from Dundrum Village and Dundrum Town Centre.
The charity is governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees who give their time and expertise freely. Details of the Trustees and the Hospital’s annual report are available from the Charity Regulators website. We are registered with HIQA and a copy of our latest inspection report can be obtained from www.hiqa.ie.
The day to day running of the home is carried out by the Person in Charge Ms Deborah Kale and the Hospital Administrator Mr Emmet Corrigan.Simpson’s Hospital is a 48 bedded Nursing Home that provides long term residential care for men and women over 65 years of age.
As a not-for-profit organisation any monies made are put back into the home for the benefit of our residents.
Our Ethos of Care
Our philosophy is to treat all our residents with dignity and respect while providing them with the highest possible quality of care. We hope that our residents find in Simpson’s a home from home and become part of our family. The ethos of Simpson’s Hospital is centred around the provision of person centred care within a culture of continuous quality improvement. We strive to create a homely, relaxed and friendly atmosphere in a modern state of the art facility.
Our Mission Statement
Simpson’s Hospital was founded in 1779 as a charitable institution to care for older persons from all walks of life and religious denominations. We aim to provide our residents with an excellent quality of nursing home care so as to maximise their quality of life.
Ms Deborah Kale