Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
We have put together a list of the most common questions we are asked by potential residents their families, and caregivers.
1. How do I make an application for admission?
Our application form can be downloaded or we can send one out to you in the post. For further details see the Making an Application section of this website.
2. How do I make an appointment to view the hospital?
You can ring or email the office to make an appointment to look around the hospital.
Phone Number: +353-(0)1-2984322
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Do Simpson’s Hospital admit Fair Deal Residents?
4. Do Simpson’s Hospital admit private residents?
5. Are there any other charges?
The hospital has a €35 levy per week which covers all activities including the physiotherapy service, which are not covered by the Fair Deal scheme.
6. Are there any restrictions on visiting?
There are no particular restrictions on visiting. However, we do encourage visitors to call outside mealtimes.
7. Can Simpson’s Hospital cater for residents with dementia?
Admission to Simpson’s Hospital is based on the hospital being able to meet the care needs of the applicant. While we do not have a specific dementia unit we do care for residents with dementia.
8. Does Simpson’s Hospital provide respite care?
Not at present.
9. Is there any independent information available on the quality of care at Simpson’s Hospital?
When you are looking for nursing home care for yourself or for a loved one, you will naturally wish to have access to as much information as possible about your options, or about a nursing homes you may be considering. You can access the latest HIQA inspection reports from their website.